A. Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
The college will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
1) It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
2) It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
3) It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
4) It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
5) It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A (of the student contract) within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
6) The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
B. Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the standard student contract version 3.1, the college will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of that contract.
The said Schedule D reads as follows:
% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]
If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
More than  days before the Course Commencement Date
Before, but not more than  days before the Course Commencement Date
After, but not more than  days after the Course Commencement Date
more than  days after the Course Commencement Date
C. Refund During Cooling-Off Period
The college will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the college within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
D. Conditions for cancellation of course and Refund
The college reserves the right to cancel a course if the student number is four or less in which case the refund policy above applies. The College will inform students of the cancellation of course not less than three (3) working days before the course commencement. In such a case, the application fee will also be refunded within seven (7) working days after the announcement of cancellation of course.
E. Non Refundable Fees
The following are non-refundable:
1) Application Fee. However, in the circumstance where BCI has decided not to commence a course, the application fee will be refunded within seven (7) working days after the student is notified, unless the student takes up alternative study arrangements with the college.
2) Miscellaneous Fees paid to the college. However, a refund will be made for the scenarios in a ‘Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course’ above.
3) Third parties charges e.g. Bank charge, AEIS registration fee, ICA Student Pass application fee and Issuing Fee.
4) No refund of any fee if the student has committed an offence and is expelled by the college after due process of investigation by a Disciplinary Committee set up by the Principal.
F. Refund Procedure
The college’s refund procedure covers the following commonly occurring situations:
1) School’s non-performance
2) Immigration and Checkpoints Authority does not approve the student pass
3) Student changes his mind during the 7 day cooling off period
4) Student’s withdrawal
The procedure for student initiated refund (due to Student’s withdrawal / change of mind during 7 day cooling period, etc) is as follows:
1) When the student intends to withdraw from course, the student needs to inform Student Service Executive.
2) Student Service Executive will find out reason of withdrawal, explain about the Student’s Pass cancellation matters, and administer the end course survey. Admin Manager will calculate the amount for refund (if eligible).
3) Student Service Executive will generate Withdrawal / Transfer / Cancellation Application Form via Student Management System [BCI-FRM-4401 Application for Course Withdrawal / Transfer / Cancellation Form] and print it for student to sign. If student is below 18, parent / guardian consent for the withdrawal application is needed as well.
4) The Principal may interview the student to understand his situation.
5) Principal signs the form and then passes the case to the Student Service Executive
6) The Student Service Executive attends to the various withdrawal matters including
7) Update attendance records
8) Print and issue Student’s results and Attendance Report.
9) At the same time, the Admin Manager will administer the following matters
The procedure for a school initiated refund (due to BCI not performing / ICA not approving the student pass, etc) is as follows:
1) After the Principal / Management Team decides not to commence the course, the decision will be cascaded down to students and Education Consultants within three (3) working days;
2) Education Consultant provides the student with information and written details of the alternative confirmed course arrangement to allow the student to make timely and appropriate decision on the alternative arrangement. In the case of the rejection of ICA student’s pass, the education consultant will counsel the student with information and details of the alternative confirmed course arrangement.
3) If the student accepts the alternative arrangement, the education consultant will terminate the current contract and proceed with a new contract with the student. If the student does not accept the alternative arrangement, he will send a written notice of withdrawal to Student Service Executive for refund processing.
4) Student Service Executive will generate Withdrawal / Transfer / Cancellation Application Form via Student Management System and print it for student to sign. If student is below 18, parent / guardian consent for the withdrawal application is needed as well.
5) Principal signs the Withdrawal / Transfer / Cancellation Application Form and passes the case to Student Service Executive and Admin Manager for processing.
6) The Student Service Executive attends to withdrawal matters including
7) At the same time, the Admin Manager will administer the following matters if applicable